Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Good Evening I sleep in my glasses, I have broken 1 arm on

Good Evening
I sleep in my glasses, I have broken 1 arm on two pair. Ive tried local optical stores and no one can fix them. The arms are attached with spring snap, no screws are missing. HELP

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Were are the arms broken?

Dr. Rick :

Is it possible for you to take a close up, in focus picture of the break and upload it using the paperclip on your screen.

Dr. Rick :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : Were are the arms broken?
Dr. Rick : Is it possible for you to take a close up, in focus picture of the break and upload it using the paperclip on your screen.
Dr. Rick :

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't have/see a paperclip. Took pictures I'm using mt cell phone. Thxs
Mable,

I'm afraid when the frames are broken in that spot there really is no way to fix them.

Unless you can find a frame that your current lenses can fit into, you will have to buy new glasses.

A very inexpensive place to get glasses is:

coastal.com

My daughter got a excellent pair at this web site for $19 delivered!