Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Ive been programming a lot of the computer the last few days

I've been programming a lot of the computer the last few days and now, through my left eye, I see a yellow circle that is about 2in in diameter (when sitting normally at my desk looking at my laptop monitor). It is the kind of yellow circle you see right after you look straight into a really bright light source, but unlike those, this one has been more persistent. When I look into the mirror to examine my eye, everything looks normal (no redness, no foreign particles, pupil still in the right place, etc.).

Please advise.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

If you close one eye at a time, is it only in one eye?

Dr. Rick :

Also, as you look around with the affected eye(s) does this yellow circle stay in the same place, like looking through a rifle scope, or does it move around in your visual field?

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?\

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : If you close one eye at a time, is it only in one eye?
Dr. Rick : Also, as you look around with the affected eye(s) does this yellow circle stay in the same place, like looking through a rifle scope, or does it move around in your visual field?
Dr. Rick : Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?\
Dr. Rick : Are you available to chat?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dr. Rick. (1) Yes, it is only in my left eye. When I look at a white light source, my right eye sees it as white and my left eye sees it slightly yellow through the little circle that is right in the center of my vision.

(2) As I look around, the yellow circle moves as if looking through a riffle scope.

(3) I'm taking prednisone for nasal polyps and using fluticasone and astepro nasal sprays nightly.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Tom,

I believe you are experiencing a problem with your retina, specifically a very important part of your retina called the macula.

It would be best if you could have a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist ASAP, today if possible since the weekend is upon us.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tom,

I just finished examining a patient with central serious chorioretinopathy and my thoughts turned toward you. What did the ophthalmologist find during her exam? Do you have CSR? I hope you are doing better.

DrRick MD FACS