Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hello There I was diagnosed with mild amblyopia and can only

Hello There
I was diagnosed with mild amblyopia and can only get to 20/30 corrected.I asked the doctor if I can apply for lasik surgery but he do not recommend to do it becuase is might get worst for me. Then I went to internet to get more information and found out that pinhole glasses and eye exercises can help you regain the eyesight .I would like to know if this is true and what if there are a vitamins or something to help me regain my eyesight. Thanks

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

What you are reading about pinhole glasses being able to help you regain eyesight are 100% false.

Dr. Rick :

Amblyopia can not be treated after age 7. No way. No How.

Dr. Rick :

Your lasik surgeon is correct.

Dr. Rick :

Do not waste your hard earned money on vitamins, special glasses, diets to improve your vision. They will not work. Sorry about that :(

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : What you are reading about pinhole glasses being able to help you regain eyesight are 100% false.
Dr. Rick : Amblyopia can not be treated after age 7. No way. No How.
Dr. Rick : Your lasik surgeon is correct.
Dr. Rick : Do not waste your hard earned money on vitamins, special glasses, diets to improve your vision. They will not work. Sorry about that :(
Dr. Rick :

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick