eyesight2020
eyesight2020, Optometrist
Experience:  provide eyecare information for adults and children
63511224

Hello, I got new glasses in March 2012. Then the vision in

Hello, I got new glasses in March 2012. Then the vision in my left eye changed, and I got new glasses 4 weeks ago. Now it seems to have changed again. Neither pair of glasses work for that eye. I wear trifocals and all the lenses seem off. It seems too soon to go back to the eye doctor. Also, I'm concerned about why this is happening. My history; I've had cataract surgery in both eyes, with a repeat cataract in my right eye. Laser surgery took care of that. I have no pain in my left eye, only the vision changes. Any answers? Thank you, Cindy
Category: Eye
Expert:  eyesight2020 replied 1 year ago.

eyesight2020 :

Customer:

Hello

eyesight2020 :

I JUST HAVE A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS

Customer:

OK

eyesight2020 :

When you got got the new glassess did you have a full eye exam with a dilation?

eyesight2020 :

Are you being treated for any medical conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure

Customer:

He did some dilation, he looked into the eye theroghly. But only some of the machine vision tests.

Customer:

RA, depression, thyroid,

eyesight2020 :

I understand you had cataract surgery in both eyes and then laser surgery in the right eye for the secondary film that developed on the lense implant on the right eye.

Customer:

yes

eyesight2020 :

When you had your eyes examined did he mention if you also had developed a secondary film on the lens implant on the left eye.

Customer:

He said it was clear

eyesight2020 :

With the dilation ,did he mention if he saw any retinal issuesinvolving the part of the retina responsible for your central vision such as macula degeneration

Customer:

No

eyesight2020 :

So the trouble you are having with the lense in the left eye is a blurriness or distorted vision

Customer:

blurriness

Customer:

Should I go back and see him again?

eyesight2020 :

As long as the blurriness is just in the left eye,and you are not experiencing any sandy gritty feeling towards the end of the day or redness

eyesight2020 :

then it is possible that you are sensitive to the slight change in the prescription that was made

Customer:

I'm not having any of those other things, only the vision

eyesight2020 :

It is also possible that the lens implant

Customer:

Wouldn't I adjust quickly?

eyesight2020 :

although it may ahave a minimal film that may be partly affecting your vision

eyesight2020 :

So I would return to the doctor and have him re-evaluate the prescription for you.

Customer:

Thank you i will, the glasses seemed fine when i got them. the change has been the last few days.

eyesight2020 :

Any other questions

Customer:

Thank you for your time, no.

eyesight2020 :

Usually patients tbat have dry eyes the symptoms are in both eyes.

eyesight2020 :

ok take care

Customer:

You too

eyesight2020 :

If this session has answered your questions ,please rate the session

eyesight2020 :

Thank you

eyesight2020, Optometrist
Experience: provide eyecare information for adults and children