eyesight2020
eyesight2020, Optometrist
Experience:  provide eyecare information for adults and children
63511224

I seem to have an eye infection. My eye is very red, but not

I seem to have an eye infection. My eye is very red, but not particularly goopy. It is tearing a lot, and looks a little smaller than the other eye (the eylid might be a little swollen, altho it's not obvious to me). It's also a little itchy and sensitive to the touch on the inner corner, near my nose. Is there anything I can do that doesn't require a trip to the opthalmologist, as it's Sunday and I can't get there now.

eyesight2020 :

I see you are offline at the moment,so I will do my best to address your question.

eyesight2020 :

How long have you had this red eye.,Have you recently had a cold?

Customer:

I think it started on Thursday night. I did not have a cold, altho this morning my throat was hurting a little, but it's okay now.

eyesight2020 :

Do you wear contact lenses?

Customer:

no. I just have glasses for reading, but otherwise, do not need glasses at this time.

eyesight2020 :

If the eye is red and uncomfortable as you are saying it is it would be best to be seen by your eye doctor first thing tommorrow morning.

eyesight2020 :

You could do warm compressess till you are able to be seen.

Customer:

Okay. Thanks.

eyesight2020 :

Sometimes your primary care doctor may call in a prescription antibiotc to your pharmacy that could hold you over untill you can be seen by your eye doctor

eyesight2020 :

Sometimes they are willing to do so and sometimes they are not.If your local emergency room has an oncall opthalmologist you could go there and have it evaluated tonight if you can not wait till tomorrow

eyesight2020 :

If this has answered your question,please rate this session

eyesight2020 :

If you have any other questions let me know.

eyesight2020 :

Any other questions

eyesight2020 :

I will switch to the other format,if you have other quesions leave them in the box below.