Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

Ive been on Lantanoprost .005 eye drops for two years ( one

I've been on Lantanoprost .005 eye drops for two years ( one drop in each eye) now due to open angle glucoma and my eye pressure has risen from 18 to 22. My doctor want to raise the potoncy to .03 in combination of what I am now applying. Is this good idea, can I request the.03 dosage only? Is a change of brand medication a possiblity that on brand might work better than the other? My periphicial vision is good.

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Customer:

ok

Customer:

waiting for response

Dr. Tom : Since you appear to be off-line, I will answer your questions as you have listed them in your posting. Your first question was if it was a good idea to follow your doctor's instruction to Try to get your pressure down a little bit from 22. The answer is yes......... Second, you ask if you could change the brand of medicine. The answer is also yes........ You said that your perreferral vision is good. That is a very good sign, and it means that your ophthalmologist is doing a great job in selecting the right medicine to help protect your vision...... Glaucoma medicines are safe, So I think you can trust your ophthalmologists experience and decision-making for you in this regard............. Since you are off-line, I hope that answers the questions in your posting to your satisfaction................... Part of my job is to ask you to rate the answers you have received relative to your post....... So please click on one of the big smiling faces before you check out. Thank you.
Customer:

Is there any kind of natural eye exercises to help relief with eye pressure?