Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince

I have a clear nodule on my eye with a lot of redness. I do

I have a clear nodule on my eye with a lot of redness. I do not have any pain at all. I actually didn't even know it was there until a friend pointed it out. I have put Visine in my eye and it does clear out the redness until I wake up the next day. Zero discomfort at all. Thoughts?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Pearl.com

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It is good to know that the nodule is not associated with any pain.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It is likely to be due to inflammation around a pinguecula.

Customer:

Yes, I'm available.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

A pinguecula is a benign, harmless degeneration of the conjunctiva( white part of the eye).

Dr. A.S. Desai :

An inflammation around a pinguecula appears like this-

Dr. A.S. Desai :

http://www.martockopticians.com/images/pinguecula.png

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Anti-inflammatory eye drops are given for such an inflammation.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Such as Fluoromethalone eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day for about a week.It is a prescription eye drop.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Visine eye drops would be of NO use in this condition. It is better not to put this eye drops.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

In the meanwhile you can use lubricating eye drops such as refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You seem to have gone offline at the moment. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

Experts are credited only if a positive rating is given and not otherwise. So do remember to give your rating. A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response.An excellent feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Hello Sabrina,

I hope that explains your queries now. Let me know if my answer helped.

Thank you and best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry somehow we got disconnected during our chat. It seems that the pictures you provided and description are an accurate diagnosis. I am a golf instructor, therefore, I am in the sun most of the summer. Suggestions on how I can prevent further damage?

Thank you for the reply and additional information.

If you have to spend long hours in the sun then you can ensure that you wear a good pair of sunglasses so as to prevent UV rays of the sunlight from causing much damage.UV rays are known to cause other problems in the eye such as pterygium ( another kind of conjunctival degeneration). Apart from that there is nothing much you could do about prevention.

Thank you and best wishes.

Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience: MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince
Hi Sabrina,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? You seem to have viewed the answer but not given any rating. If you are satisfied with the answer then please remember to give a positive rating. Thank you and best wishes.

Let me know,
Dr.A.S.Desai