Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I have what appears to be a clear, small blister on the white of my eyeball. I have felt

I have what appears to be a clear, small blister on the white of my eyeball. I have felt a little soreness for about a week, and some slight tearing -- just decided to look more closely today and saw it. Cause for alarm?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Pearl.com

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Full Size Image
If it looks similar to this blister like lesion then it is likely to be a conjunctival cyst.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It is likely to be an inclusion cyst of the conjunctiva.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

These are common conditions of the conjunctiva( white part of the eye) and are generally harmless but for cosmetic appearance.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Either these cysts are self limiting or they can be drained or removed surgically. Initially you can try lubricating eye drops such as Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day for 2-3 weeks for soothening effect ( till it subsides naturally). If persistent , anti-inflammatory eye drops such as Flurbiprofen/Ketorolac can be tried( prescription eye drops). If the cyst is painless and not giving rise to any eye problem, it can be left alone with use of lubricating eye drops .

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

Experts are credited only if a positive rating is given and not otherwise. So do remember to give your rating. A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response. An excellent feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Hello Lisa,

I am available right here for any further communication.

Thank you and best wishes.

Hi Lisa,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? I noticed that you have viewed the answer but not rated it yet.Is there anything else that you would like to know.

Let me know,
Dr.A.S.Desai
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have tried to enter a rating but am unable to do so. thank you for your advice and GOOD service. I have visited my eye doctor and have been taking steroid eye drops. thank you
Thank you for the reply and I am glad that you have started the treatment too. Take care.