Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I have soid red on the outside of the right eye, the inside

I have soid red on the outside of the right eye, the inside and left eye are normal

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Pearl.com

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Where exactly is the redness around the right eye? When you say outside the eye does it mean it is on the skin of the eyelids?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Did you have any trauma or injury?

Customer:

the red is on the right outside of the eyeball, the puple show no discolor

Customer:

I was not hit

Dr. A.S. Desai :

So it is the skin around the outer corner of the right eye which is red....

Customer:

No not the skin the white part of the eye ball

Dr. A.S. Desai :

ok

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Does it hurt ?

Customer:

the left eye white part is ok,

Customer:

no pain

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Ok. In that case it is most likely to be due to sub-conjunctival hemorrhage.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

In this condition the tiny blood vessels in the conjunctiva ( white part of the eye) get ruptured and bleed. It can occur under various circumstances such as excessive forceful coughing/sneezing, in hypertensive individuals, in those who are on blood thinning medicines such as low dose aspirin, following subtle eye injury or without any apparent reason too. It is self healing and will disappear within a week or two . In case of any other eye symptoms such as sudden reduction of vision , watering, discharge from the eyes , do get an eye check up done. But for a sub-conjunctival hemorrhage there is no need to visit an eye specialist.You can use lubricating eye drops such as preservative free Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day for 2 weeks , for soothening effect( available over the counter).

Customer:

someone mention it 24 hours ago but i did not know until now when i look in mirror.... what does that mean sub conjuunctival hemorrage and what casuse it

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It would look pretty similar to the image shown in this link:

Dr. A.S. Desai :

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IVCT-Da_JLg/Tw1jYffKdKI/AAAAAAAACBU/YjWJ0q2yvPw/s1600/Subconjunctival_haemorrhage_red+eye.jpg

Customer:

I am taking low dose aspirin.. and plavix but no coughing or sneezing and blood pressure under control with meds

Dr. A.S. Desai :

In that case the bleed is most likely to be due to these medicines which are blood thinners or prevent clotting of blood.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

That explains why the bleed occured spontaneously without any trauma or cough or sneezing.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Anyway you can just let it resolve naturally in the next few days to a week.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

There is nothing to get worried about in this condition.

Customer:

I am satistified with your answer and you service I was not aware of this before, but i just landed in jakarta and do not know or have a doctor.thank you

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You are most welcome.

Customer:

mission complete.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

Experts are credited only if a positive rating is given and not otherwise. So do remember to give your rating. A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response.An excellent feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Customer:

have a good day bye

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You too ! Bye.

Customer:

one more show I stop the asprin?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Do remember to press the smiley button : )

Dr. A.S. Desai :

No, do NOT stop the aspirin just because there has been an episode of subconjunctival hemorrhage.

Customer:

thats the last

Dr. A.S. Desai :

ok