Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Customer Question

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 3 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Ate you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : Are his eyes red, painful, or light-sensitive?
Our chat system seems to be buggy but we can still communicate this way. I need your answers to these questions to help you.

Are his eyes red, painful, or light-sensitive?

Does the cloudy vision improve momentarily if he blinks or rubs the eyes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no but sometimes itcy

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for those answers. Based on what you've told me, I don't suspect anything serious like significant inflammation or infection. It does sound like he might have some allergies, but either way, the reason his vision is intermittently cloudy is likely because the layer of tears coating his cornea (the tear film) is not healthy--alleries can certainly do this, but just a case of plain old dry eye (more common in the winter) can do this. That's why using those artificial tears has helped. I would recommend doing those everyday at least 3x/day, but you can consider using an OTC allergy drop too (Alaway or Zaditor are good brand names)--treating his allergies will also help stabilize the tear film and as a result, help to stabilize his vision? Does that make sense?

Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this?

It appears as though you are not on-line currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!