Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Probably nothing for me to worry about as I have had this problem

Probably nothing for me to worry about as I have had this problem for ever, but just kind of curious as to what caused it. I can't blink my right eye nor stuck my tongue in my right cheek or touch the corner of my mouth on the right side. Not that doing those things are but just would like to know why i can't do them even though i try and try. My forehead also doesn't wrinkle much in showing different emotions. This had gone on my entire life i believe. What could have caused it?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. It sounds like there are some congenital nerve palsies in the nerves that control these functions.
Doctor DanB : Does that make sense?

kind of

Doctor DanB : There are individual nerves called cranial nerves that are respossible for different muscle and sensory functions in the face and head. If you haven't been able to do this your whole life, it's likely that this was a problem with the way you were formed in the uterus. However, it would still be a good idea to let your family doctor know, if they don't already.
Doctor DanB : Any clearer?
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?

ok...would that have anything to do with the rare waterspot and clear worms i see floating at times....and thecolorful sparkles thar come with them ....but those affect both eyes and are painful

Doctor DanB : Do you get a headache, nauseous or light-sensitive with that?

i sure do i dont get them often maybe twice a year

my eyes nearly force themselves shut too

and dizzy too

Doctor DanB : That sounds like migraines and wouldn't have anything to do with the first complaints if they really were since birth.

the headache itself is more around just the eyes.......not going out from them at all but going deep lasts less than 10min

Doctor DanB : That is consistent with a migraine.

ok..thanks for your time

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry! 

i have nothing further at this time

Doctor DanB : Thanks. Good luck. If this has been helpful, please press the smiley face button.