Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

My old scare on my cornea has recently turned a white color,

My old scare on my cornea has recently turned a white color, what is going on with it? I had a corneal abbresion 8 years that scared and wondered if it might be infected

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Customer:

Please go ahead

Dr. Tom :

Thanks for your question. May I ask you a couple of things before we get started?

Customer:

sure

Dr. Tom :

Is the white part of your eye, referred to as the conjunctiva, nice and white as it should be, or has it turned red? Do you have any pain in the eye? Has your vision changed because of the scar turning the white color?

Customer:

It is red, I don't have any feeling in my eye due to nerve damage from a previous surgery so it doesn't hurt and yes my vision has decreased a little, more blurry.

Dr. Tom :

Thank you for that additional information. All those present warning signs suggest you really should be seen by an ophthalmologist. At this point I wouldn't go to the conclusion that it is an infection, but it certainly warrants thorough evaluation. Do you have an ophthalmologist whom you can call today or tomorrow that would get you in promptly?

Customer:

yes, I'll call right away

Dr. Tom :

Very good. I hope this helped you make a good decision. I think you know how the system works, but it's my job to ask that you rate my response to your question by clicking the big :-) before you check out. Thank you

Dr. Tom :

It appears you are off-line and didn't get a chance to rate my answer to your question. It's very important that we get good ratings and we try very hard to answer your questions correctly and promptly. Please take a minute to to rate my answer by clicking on one of the big smiling faces. Thank you.