Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

My left eye has always appeared swollen for the past 2 years.

My left eye has always appeared swollen for the past 2 years. If anything touches it, it burns. Doctors don't see anything abnormal on the surface and has not tried to treat it. This is irritating because wearing contacts, this eye lid always is bothers by touching them. I think now is a time to figure out what the issue is. Just because it visibility doesnt look abnormal, pain and the slight 100% swelling of the eyelid, there is a problem. Please help me.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Can you attach a picture of it to your next post?
Customer:

do you want a picture of both of my eyes together so you can see difference?

Doctor DanB : Yes, opened and closed would be good. Thanks.
Customer:

I have a feeling there is some issue inside the eyelid since nothing is noticable at the surface

Customer:

let me take pic

Customer:

my pics are uploading to my computer

Doctor DanB : Okay.
Customer:

keep in mind that my left eyelid has been like this for already 2 years and now that i am needing contacts, it is a hurdle now. when i do the lid scrub regimen, i noticed that when i massage my eyelid, i feel just for touching this to do the massage of them on the surface, there is pain doing this and my right one doesnt have any pain. This is telling me why just for me wearing the scleral contact lenses, the lid rests a little on the lens and just the touch hurts so i know i have something major inside of them

Doctor DanB : Why are you wearing scleral CLs and for how long?
Customer:

just got them fitted, remember i had lasik and now i need contacts to get corrected, but i can't wear them

Customer:

this eyelid is in my way to be able to wear them

Customer:

i thought it was because of dry eyes and since the scleral has a pool of solutions, i thought it would help with therapy and to see, but the eyelid is the issue, not the eye

Doctor DanB : Im not seeing your pictures. Did you upload them already?
Customer:

i am going to upload 4 right now. they are on my computer now. each eye twice, one open and one close

Customer:

i been telling the docs here for months now and they dont even answer it

Doctor DanB : Does that eye itch or have a gritty or foreign-body sensation?
Customer:

it doesnt most of the time, but if i massage them, then they do, but pain happens just to touch it

Customer:

the doctors here look at the lid and flip it and they dont see any issues, but it is still swollen You think there can be some tumor or something inside the eyelid that is not visible, or infection that is not visible on surface

Customer:

but yet, if they touch the lid margin, you know by the eylashes that rub the ey when clink, it hurts, just to touch it with anything, qtip, etc, but not visible

Customer:

you can tsee from the pictures, but on the surface of the eyelid, right below the eybrows, where it is puffy, you see veins

Doctor DanB : Thanks for uploading those pictures; I am not able to see any demonstrative asymmetry in the eyelids in those pictures but the flash obscures some. It is possible to have some mass or tissue either in the eyelid substance or behind the eyelid that can cause this swelling and pain. I would recommend seeing an orbital/Oculoplastic specialist.
Customer:

oh ok, so those guys can look inside the eyelids?"

Customer:

what do you mean by not able to see any demonstrative asymmetry in the eyelids?

Doctor DanB : Those guys are the ultimate subspecialists for the eyelids and orbit though ultimately you may require a CT scan to find out.
Customer:

oh ok, dam, this sucks, seems no one has a clue

Customer:

are there any oral antibiotics out there that can be prescribed to treat internal eyelid infection

Doctor DanB : Yes. Kefla
Doctor DanB : Keflex I meant to say.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions I can help you with?
Customer:

I have a couple of more questions. Can an infection inside the eyelid last for more then 1 year

Customer:

Also does neo-poly-dex and Azasite medicine treat the same thing?

Doctor DanB : Some low level chronic infections but it's pretty unlikely.
Doctor DanB : Yes they do.
Customer:

which one is better?

Doctor DanB : Azasite.
Customer:

oh ok, so on the top of your mind, what do you think is my issue? you think it is an eyelid deformatiy?

Doctor DanB : Its quite possible there may be vascular malformation in the eyelid that only a CT scan will show.
Customer:

and this stuff just happens from one day to the other, like i was fine for 28 years

Doctor DanB : It can enlarge to the point that it becomes noticeable.
Customer:

oh ok, i guess i need one of those specialists and do those specialist do ct scans to test

Doctor DanB : I hope this has been helpful; unfortunatly i have to run. Yes, that specialist can order the CT if needed. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry! 
Experience: Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology