Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

Just above my cheek bones, on the orbit bone both sides have

Just above my cheek bones, on the orbit bone both sides have been red and tender for a few weeks now. Is this something that I should be concerned about?

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Customer:

ok, I'm here

Dr. Tom :

Please tell me about other medical conditions that you have?

Customer:

r u there?

Dr. Tom :

Yes , standing by.

Customer:

I was in a bad mva back in 76.. My legs were crushed and my upper & lower jaw & nose broken.

Dr. Tom :

Wow....I am sorry for that . But it does not sound related to this new problem. Are your eyelids puffy or itchy?

Customer:

No

Customer:

That's the only change i've noted

Dr. Tom :

Are your eyes also red, tender, or have you had any change in your vision?

Customer:

i don't seem to. I just had them checked about 6 months ago.

Dr. Tom :

Well since the redness is on both sides it could be a skin allergy or a side effect of a sinus problem. Does that make sense?

Customer:

it would for most people, and it's possible but i've nerver had any issues with these in the past.

Dr. Tom :

Yes when new problems pop up there is a tendancy to try to relate things to past problems. Without being able to physically examine you, I would lean toward a dermatitis or rosecea cause for your problem. Have you consulted any doctor yet?

Customer:

It sounds like it's likley something that I need not to lose any sleep over-LOL!

Customer:

No, I haven't been seen by a Dr. yet. I thought I'd start with you.

Dr. Tom :

Yes I agree, but if the trend is toward a progression, I would recommend that you start with a dermatologist. Do you have any other questions before we say good night?

Customer:

What your saying does make sense to me.

Customer:

Yes, I do

Dr. Tom :

OK...I am glad to help. Please take a second to click on the big smiley faf before you check out. Best wishes.

Dr. Tom :

I Meant to type smiley face !

Customer:

When I was getting started here and debating if I was going to do this, (talk to a Dr. for $26.00 or not), a box popped up about membership

Customer:

I DO NOT want a membership!!! I just wanted to ask my ONE question.

Customer:

Can you or someone PLEASE< PLEASE see to it that I am NOT BILLED EVERY month for a service that I DID NOT AGREE TO?

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX

Dr. Tom :

Sorry, but I don't quite understand your question. I will be glad to discuss any of the credentials mentioned. You certaily don't have to have membership. Many people do a one time question. It's no problem, Does that help clear that up?

Dr. Tom :

You will not be billed beyond the question you paid for.

Customer:

Could you Please check it out for me to make sure that they did not sign me up to a monthly membership & fee?

Dr. Tom :

Yes...I can do that for you by sending a message to JA using the URL for our chat as the reference. But I will have to wait until you rate my help by clicking the big smiley face....and that will close us out so that I can contact JA for you. Don't worry, they will fix the problem,. Is that ok ?

Customer:

Many thanks! Debbie Foor

Dr. Tom :

My pleasure.

Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience: 30 years experience treating patients with eye problems