Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

why is my right eye constantly staying red ive used eye drops

why is my right eye constantly staying red i've used eye drops and prednisone nothing is working
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom :

Please give me a little background on the history of when and how your eye became red.

Dr. Tom :

Also please tell me if you have any medical diagnoses, and were treated using prednisone in the form of eyedrops or prednisone pills.

Customer:

prednisone pills

Dr. Tom :

Have you been examined by a medical ophthalmologist?

Customer:

no went to er

Dr. Tom :

Did you have any other conditions at the time you went to the emergency room or was it solely for the examination of your red eye?

Customer:

i have dermititis my face felt a little swollen and around my nose and forehead was red

Dr. Tom :

Okay, thanks for that extra information. That explains why the ER physician put you on oral prednisone. As you can imagine, they are many causes for conjunctivitis, which we commonly refer to as red eyes or pink eye. And without a proper ophthalmological examination it will just be hit or miss with the use of varying eyedrops that you can get over-the-counter or prescribed by a general physician. So my best advice is to make the effort to establish an appointment with an ophthalmologist and get a proper diagnosis. The good news is that most cases of red eyes can be cleared up quickly with the proper management. Does that make sense?

Customer:

yes it does my deal is i dont have ins but i dont like to feel like this it worries me a whole bunch i would like to find a good eye doc

Dr. Tom :

Great, that's a very good idea to try to find an ophthalmologist. In the meantime you might try a lubricating drop such as Systane, which is an over-the-counter preparation with instructions on the box. Do you have any other questions for me tonight?

Customer:

yes will it affect me in anyway considering i have dermititis and also will it take away the redness on my face or what can i use

Dr. Tom :

It will be perfectly all right for you to use the over-the-counter lubricating eye drops even though you have dermatitis, but it will not take away the redness on your face. Please let me know if there are any other questions, but if that takes care of your question, thank you for allowing me to help you.

Customer:

ok thank you

Dr. Tom :

You're very welcome, good night.

Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience: 30 years experience treating patients with eye problems