Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I am considering eye muscle surgery. I have had muscle problems

I am considering eye muscle surgery. I have
had muscle problems since I was 6 years
old. I used to be able to control it more, but
I had cataract surgery in both eyes 6 years
ago. This led to more weakened eye muscles
and double vision that I cannot control. I
am a successful professional artist, so this
is a big deal to me. I have had two procedures
using Propofol and did very well. I also had
a minor surgery where I had problems
with the anesthesia (not Propofol). Can
Propofol be used on eye muscle surgery?.
I would greatly prefer it to other types. I
Thank you.

also have RA

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are yu available to chat?
Doctor DanB : There are no contraindications to using propofol as an anesthetic during eye muscle surgery. Do you have any other questions about this?
Doctor DanB : It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently.    I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.   If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved... Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry! 
Doctor DanB : Did you have any other questions about this?
Customer: I do have more questions, but I am at work
Customer: nowwork now. I'll ask you more before I sign out.
Customer: When will you be in chat next?
I'm here but I couldn't see your replies. The chat system is bugging out but I can continue our conversation this way. What other questions do you have about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Most web sites I have been to talk about general
anesthesia for this surgery. It seems to take much
longer to recover from this type of sedation.
Are you familiar with eye surgeons using
Propofol, my preferred method? Also do you
know if most eye muscle surgeons use the
sutures that can be adjusted after the surgery?
also, how long would I be out of work?
Thank you. Susan
While you may feel a bit puny with GA for a day, it doesn't really take longer to recover. Most eye surgeons will use whatever general anesthetic recommended by their anesthesiologist, but many use prop