Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I noticed tis morning the lower rim of my eye on the inside

I noticed tis morning the lower rim of my eye on the inside half way to the eye ball is white. Is this a sign of anemia?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Pearl.com

Customer:

hello

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Is it the same in both the eyes?

Customer:

yes

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Do you have any other eye symptoms such as watering or discharge from the eyes? ( I just want to know if the white part is some kind of adherent discharge ).

Customer:

I have i what seems to be dry inc hey eyes . I also have allergys this looks different to day . I have had the flu.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Pallor due to anemia is a possibility but then it is not something which can noticed so suddenly. It is a chronic condition and would take months to get noticed. I guess the white part in the eye could be due to some kind of ropy discharge as seen in case of ocular allergy.

Customer:

thanks

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You can start putting lubricating eye drops such as Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day for the dry eyes.

Customer:

ok

Dr. A.S. Desai :

If there is significant itching sensation too then you can also put anti-allergy eye drops such as Alaway/Zaditor eye drops, 1 drop twice a day for 2 weeks.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Both the eye drops are available over the counter.

Customer:

thanks will do get back 2 u if doesn't change.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

If your symptoms persist beyond 3 weeks of the above treatment, then do get your eyes examined by an ophthalmologist for a closer look.

Customer:

ok.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Yes, You are most welcome.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

Experts are credited only if a positive rating is given and not otherwise. So do remember to give your rating. A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response.An excellent feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist