eyesight2020, Optometrist
Experience:  provide eyecare information for adults and children

Is the exophthalmometer a painful test?

Customer Question

Is the exophthalmometer a painful test?
Category: Eye
Expert:  eyesight2020 replied 3 years ago.

I see you are offline at the moment

An exopthalmometer is an instrument used to measure how much aperson's eye protrude outward .it is like aruler made specifically to measure the amount of protrusion that someone may have secondary to having a systemic disease that causes the eyes to protrude outward more than normal.This cam occur in persons that have an over active thyroid .

it is not a painful procedure at all.

if this has answered your question,please rate this session before you leave the website.

However, if you have any other questions,please leave them in the box below.

Because of my typographical errors,I would like to clarify that the exopthalmometer is like a ruler made specifically to measure the amount of protrusion of a person's eyes

secondary to systemic disease with an overactive thyroid being one of the possible causes.As noted above,if you have any other questions leave them in the box below.

If not, Thank you in advance for rating this session!!

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.