Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

My uncle age 64 , norwegian, is struggling with both his eyes.

My uncle age 64 , norwegian, is struggling with both his eyes. They are moving slowly out of his head giving a lot of pain. Have anyone heard about similar cases?

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Customer:

Hello

Dr. Tom :

Welcome, and thanks for your question. I am sorry to hear about your uncle, but let's see what we can learn. I will do my best to help.

Dr. Tom :

Please tell me what test have been done, and if your uncle has other medical conditions?

Customer:

Sorry about my limited experience with writing in English,

Dr. Tom :

No problem...let's just work together.

Customer:

The best would be if my uncle was here together with me. I do not have a overwiew of all his tests. But he have had operation in his hed several times since tha age around 25 because of limited natural drain from his head , ie pressure builds up and have giving him bulp in his head above the eyes earlier. But this is not the case this time. I saw him today and got worried because the eyes has mooved quite a distance outwards . The eye spesialist in Tromsø have checked the eyes for inside eye pressure (was a little bit to high) and other normal checks. He also has dry eyes but not asberger desiest?. They hav taken alot of blood teste which are sent to south of Norway for investgation and he has taken "røntgen" norwegian word, they scanned his body

Dr. Tom :

It appears from your discription that your uncle has a condition called " proptosis " or exopthalmos ". It may be best, XXXXX XXXXX complete lack of any ability to write to you in Norwegian ( I wish I could, I hear you have a beautiful country ) , that it may be best if I give you an internet link to an excellent web site that will explain in detail all of the many potential causes..........do you think that will be the help that you were looking for with your question? And do you have any other questions? http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1218575-differential

Dr. Tom :

The computer indicates that you are standing by........can I answer anything further?

Customer:

I am not sure that this will give me answer on my question,but thanks for your help and I will anyway rate this as Good service .and are willing to pay the 379 NOK if you think that you have answered my question (have anyone heard about similar cases). Have a nice day