Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

WHAT WOULD CAUSE BLOOD IN MY EYE?

WHAT WOULD CAUSE BLOOD IN MY EYE?

Dr. Tom-Eye : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom-Eye : Are you referring to blood on the white part of your eye or blood inside your eye?
Customer:

BLOOD ON THE WHITE PART OF THE EYE.

Okay, thank you for that. Is there any chance that you could send a digital photograph of your eye?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I AM AT WORK AND HAVE NO CAMERA OR SKYPE AVAILABLE

In all probability you have what is referred to as a sub conjunctival hemorrhage. These occur spontaneously and generally or without pain or any affect on your vision. As long as you don't have pain or loss of vision it is probably going to clear without any difficulty. These conjunctival hemorrhages often take a week or 10 days to completely clear. They are very much like a bruise under the skin, but on the surface of the eye can look pretty alarming. However if you have any significant pain or loss of vision you should see an ophthalmologist. I hope that answers the question to your satisfaction, but if you have anything else you would like to ask please feel free to do so now. Otherwise you have my very best wishes. Thank you for allowing me to help today.