Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

could dysport cause retina scarring

could dysport cause retina scarring. I had dysport injection Dec. 12 and developed some redeness in my right  eye Dec.20  took some pataday before bed time and everything was fine the next morning.  Had an eye exam by an OD on Dec. 31, he told me I had some retina scarring on the right eye. My optic nerves were fine and my eye preesue was 18. I have never had blurred vision or any  eye injury. Could dydport cause retina scarring. I intend to see a retina specialist.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I am a retina specialist and can not imagine any way that an injection of dysport could affect your retina or cause a retinal scar.

Dr. Rick :

I am not sure what the ocular redness was that you experienced but since it resolved overnight I do not think it is anything to be concerned about.

Dr. Rick :

If you are concerned about this retinal scar that your OD found I would consult an ophthalmologist as she would me much better trained to evaluate any possible retinal issues that may be present.

Dr. Rick :

A retina specialist will be able to tell you exactly what is going on but, I can assure you, it has nothing to do with the dysport.

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Dr, The OD said Chorioretinal scar 3DD OD superior eye. I was wondering could this lead to something serious

That is a good question and it depends on what this rather large (I would assume peripheral) scar is from. Usually scars just stay the way they are, although some can be from a previous infection and can "re-ignite" (toxoplasmosis etc) Since you are going to consult with a retina specialist she should be able to give you more information about this scar. Does this make sense to you? It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.