eyesight2020
eyesight2020, Optometrist
Experience:  provide eyecare information for adults and children
63511224

My eye lid has been twitching for a few months. My eyes water

My eye lid has been twitching for a few months. My eyes water quite a bit as well. Could the twitching be due to dry eye and if so what product would you suggest?
The eyelid twitching that you are experiencing is known as myokimia.It basically a benign condition that can come and go within a month or can last for months. It is basically a spasm of the musculature of the eyelid.
It can be triggered by stress fatigue,eye strain ,caffeine, as well as dry eyes and allergies.
If you know you have dry eyes , you could try starting systane or optive artificial tears
YOU should also followup with your eye doctor to be evaluated for the exact cause.

Does this answer your question.If not leave your question below. If this does answer your question please rate the session

Do you have any other questions?