Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Hello, I have been having pains in my teeth and also a lot

Hello, I have been having pains in my teeth and also a lot of nasal problems, pain across my head/eye area etc. Went for a check up for my teeth as they were hurting, and was told by the dentist that I have sinusitis. He said try Sudofed for a few days and see how I go, otherwise a doctor would have to prescribe me antibiotics. My doctor is against antibitoics, so I wanted to try the alternatives first. Got a pack of sudofed only to find that I should not take it as i have had gastric ulcers!! A. Why not, what is in them that would harm my stomach (ulcers cleared up 5 months ago - seen under endoscopy that they were all gone) and B. therefore what can I take? thank you
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Sudafed tablets, as far as my experience and data published in the Physicians Desk Reference (which was being used to hold up my computer screen before I referred to it for your question lol!), says nothing about not being able to take this drug if you have a past history of gastric ulcers.

Dr. Rick :

As such, it is safe for you to take the sudafed from what you have posted. Of course, to be 100% sure you might want to call your MD who, after all, knows you best, XXXXX XXXXX what she has to say.

Dr. Rick :

If the sudafed doesn't help to clear things up then I would suggest consulting with an ENT specialist.

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Have a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season :-)
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest