eyesight2020
eyesight2020, Optometrist
Experience:  provide eyecare information for adults and children
63511224

my eyes are sore every afternoon by 3pm and my eyelids both

my eyes beccome sore every afternoon by 3pm and my eyelids both have a thin red line of bruising above my eyelashes. I also get blurred vision if I focus on someone close for too long and have to look away and look back. I think I am a bit photosensitive also. I have been like this with these symptoms for about 3 months. My vision is still excellent, 20/10 i believe.

Category: Eye
Expert:  eyesight2020 replied 1 year ago.

eyesight2020 :

eyesight2020 :

Iwill do my best to address your concerns.

eyesight2020 :

I have a couple of questions

Customer:

yes?

eyesight2020 :

Do you work on the computer during the day,by 3:00 pm do you get a sandy,gritty ,achy feeling to your eyes.

eyesight2020 :

I beleive you have several issues going on

eyesight2020 :

Theses would be bleharitis,dry eye syndrome and recent onset presbyopia

Customer:

yes normally but not for the past few months so i don't believe that is an issue. and no sandy gritty feeleing, its more like pressure behind the eyes and then i look at my eyelids and there is a visible blood bruising line accross both of them just above my eyelashes.

Customer:

really, what are they in simlple terms?

eyesight2020 :

With blepharitis you may notice a little bit of reddeening of the eyelashes due to low grade inflammation of the oil glands along the lid margins or blockage of the opening of the oil glands along the lid margin,do you have any allergies

Customer:

no allergies that i am aware of.

eyesight2020 :

With blepharitis you may notice a little bit of reddening along the lid margins near the eyelashes

Customer:

yes I have that.

eyesight2020 :

If this occurs with some low grade crusting im the am you would want to try warm compressess twice a day to help the oil glands to function properly

Customer:

no crusting

eyesight2020 :

As it is the case right now for you with the oil glands not fully functioning properly your tearfilm that coats and lubricates your eye is not being produced properly and is the cause of the dry eye syndrome

eyesight2020 :

So for now till you can be seen by your eye doctor where he can evaluate you with a slit lamp you may want to do the warm compressess in the am and pm and use artificial tears like systane or optive

eyesight2020 :

As far as the focusing issue

eyesight2020 :

At your age it is possible that the muscle of the redponsible for allowing you to see fine up vlose is getting lazy(presbyopia)

eyesight2020 :

In this case you would want to be seen by your eye doctor yo be evaluated for the need of readind glassess,computer glassess or bifocals

eyesight2020 :

Does this answer yoyr questions

Customer:

yes thank you.

eyesight2020 :

If thus has answered your question please remember to rate this sesdion before you leave the chat

eyesight2020 :

I am seitching over to our other format

eyesight2020, Optometrist
Experience: provide eyecare information for adults and children
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.