Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

2 nights ago I rolled over in bed, I got half way when it felt

Customer Question

2 nights ago I rolled over in bed, I got half way when it felt like my brain snapped or "tweeked". At the exact same instant it felt as if someone had just ran into my bed and made my body move...it was all very weird to me. I had no symptoms whatsoever before this, although 15 minutes before this happened I was doing some occupressure on my eyes (I have done this before occasionally when my eyes get a small painful area in them) Since the feeling of something in my brain tweeking I have had very bad dizziness. I could not eat yesterday, but last night I had to vomit. After vomiting I did eat some salad and my stomach felt fine, but I still have the vertigo feelings. When I woke up this morning it was still here. What in the world is happenning to me? Also, I don't have a headache and I can see the same as before this happened.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

Dr. Rick :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?
Dr. Rick :

I look forward to your reply.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hello???

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Hi.

The chat system froze up but we can talk on this page...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hello

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Hi. I can see your post.

If you can see my post please type

"I can see what you have typed."

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what was the last response you wanted from me..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no medical problems...no medications

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Ok. Got it. Now at least we can talk to each other :)

Have you ever had this sort of thing happen to you before?

Are you feeling any better this evening?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry you have given me a poor rating when all I have done is try to give you the answer you need even though the computer system -- which I have no control over -- has been messing up.....

I am sorry to see that you have given me a poor rating for the assistance I have provided. Ratings do not apply to system malfunctions...only to the quality of the expert.
I would ask that you give me a chance to provide you with further data so that you have the information you need to address your issue.
I would appreciate a good or excellent rating and will work hard to obtain it if given the chance.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, can you just write me an email then instead of this because I am not able to continue in this chat mode...it is not helping me at all.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
No. I do not have access to internet email. I can only communicate, especially since the chat system is down, via this page.

You can contact customer service (there should be a link on your screen) if you would like to get your deposit refunded.

I am sorry that the system is messing up tonight. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

If you would like to continue just let me know and I'll be happy to do my best to assist you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is really frustrating for me, but I will try.

To answer your last question...No, I have neve had this happen to me...

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Ok.

Well, I do not think that what happened to you was from the pressure you were putting on your eyes.

I have to say that my biggest concern, especially since you are still having symptoms, is that you had a small stroke.

In any event, you really need to see a doctor ASAP. Should you go to the ER tonight? That, of course, would be the safest thing to do. If you do not want to go to the ER then you really should see your primary care MD in the morning.

I'm sorry the answer to your question took about one tenth the amount of time that trying to work around the broken chat system took. I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Your positive feedback will erase the stain on my rating that the poor feedback has left. Thank you very much.

Have a healthy and happy holiday season.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Hi Greg,

I was just thinking of you today and wondering what the doctors found. Did you have any evidence of a stroke? I hope you are doing better and everything is OK.