Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Is there ever speech or writing problems as a negative side

Customer Question

Is there ever speech or writing problems as a negative side effect of pupil dilation
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

No. After dilating tens of thousands of patients over the last two decades I can tell you that speech and writing problems are not a part of routine pupil dilation.

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else I can help you with tonight?

Dr. Rick :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : No. After dilating tens of thousands of patients over the last two decades I can tell you that speech and writing problems are not a part of routine pupil dilation.

Dr. Rick : Is there anything else I can help you with tonight?

If not, then....

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

If you do have other questions, I am standing by and available. Just type in the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I see you have reviewed my post above.

I am wondering if you have any questions or more information for me as I noted that you listed "taken an aspirin" as what you have done so far.

Without any other information I want to take a moment to say that if you are having the symptoms you have listed it is possible that you are having a stoke and, as such, you should call 911 or have someone drive you to the ER now.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did you receive my second follow up message and more detailed info on my symptoms?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
No. I'm sorry.....it never came through.

Could you copy/paste it here for me?

I apologize for the technical problems we are having.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I see you are now offline. I have to go spend time with my 5 day old Grandson so I will be offline myself for the next few hours.

I will, however, check back right away when I return so we can continue our discussion....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was a rather long and detailed message and I find it difficult to resurrect it as it is not showing up so unable to cut and paste and resend.

Somewhat dissapointed.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I'm back from babysitting.

I'm disappointed about this glitch too :(

The engineers are working on the chat issue.....is there anything else I can tell you this evening?