Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

After having Cataract surgery about one and a half year ago

After having Cataract surgery about one and a half year ago I HAVE HAD THIS TWITCHING IN THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY FACE THAT CAUSES NO PAIN BUT IS QUITE ANNOYING. WHAT CAN I DO ?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Is this constant or happening daily? Does it involve the mouth and cheek as well as the forehead and eye?
Customer:

yes

Doctor DanB : Does it involve the mouth and cheek as well as the area around the eye and forehead?
Customer:

yes, my mouth and cheek get tnse and twitch also

Customer:

tense

Doctor DanB : This is called hemifacial spasm. The best known treatment for this is to get periodic injections of BoTox. Have you heard about this?
Customer:

yes and I am not sure I would want to do that since I have seen people who have had BoTox for cosmetic reasons and they did not look so good after that.

Doctor DanB : I can certainly understand that. In e right hands, this is very effective at putting a halt on these twitches and doesn't end up making someone look like a freak. If it is seriously hampering your life, it can be a godsend. Here is a link you can click to find out more about it. http://www.bcm.edu/neurology/parkinsons/?pmid=14190
Doctor DanB : D you have any other questions about this?
Customer:

Could it be because I had the cataract operation?

Customer:

If no then why did I get this?

Doctor DanB : Its possible that the surgery could've triggered it, though it's just as likely that it was going to happen anyway and the timing was circumstantial. Cataract surgery is not known to cause this.
Doctor DanB : I have to step away from my desk for a few minutes. I promise I will be right back to finish our conversation.
Customer:

ok thank you and I will look at your suggested web site

Doctor DanB : Sorry. I'm back. Do you have any other questions about this?
Customer:

No I will look at your suggested web site and Thank you

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Good luck to you sir! Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!