Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems

I Have a Nickel allergy. I have just been diagnosed with

Customer Question

I Have a Nickel allergy. I have just been diagnosed with this. I have an intollerance to ci77492 ci77499 ci77491 and also a Propyl Galate allergy. What has caused this. I have a rash around my eyes, which looks like I have had acid thrown in them. Will my skin recover and will I once again be able to wear the small amount of mascara that i have always worn. Please help. I am or was an attractive 55 year old lady who now feels that my world has been blown apart. It is really knocking my confidence. Please help
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Tom-Eye :

Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom

Customer :

Hi Dr Tom

Dr. Tom-Eye :

Thanks for letting me help. I am sorry that you are having this problem, but it's rather common and we can usually get things better.Please let me know what has been done for you regarding the the external lid problem so far?

Customer :

Dr Tom I have a rash around my eyes which I know is a Nickel allergy as I have been diagnosed, I also have a propyl galate allergy. I want this to go away please can you help. I have been given some Ellidan cream from the doctor, but to be honest it is not really clearing it up. It goes away for a short time and returns, when I wear my mascara, I have worn this mascara for almost 20 years.

Dr. Tom-Eye :

OK, got it. Have you been checked by an ophthalmologist yet?

Customer :

Yes my eyes are fine

Dr. Tom-Eye :

Right, but what I am asking is have you seen an ophthalmologist specifically about your allergic eyelid reaction?

Customer :

No, as the dermatologist said it was not necessary

Dr. Tom-Eye :

Allergic eyelid problems are pretty common in our offices, and can usually be brought under control pretty quickly. Give me a minute and I will make some suggestions.

Customer :

Thankyou so much

Dr. Tom-Eye :

Because we can not diagnose with out a physical exam, I will tell you how I manage my patients. When I diagnose allergic eyelid reactions, we first ask that the patient stop everything that can contribute to the problem ( you are probably doing that already). ....then we recommend a good soaking solution like Domboro ( below is a link to a website I just looked up for you)...The instructions are excellent. We use it to

Dr. Tom-Eye :

please see Q and A page.

Dr. Tom-Eye :

here is the linkhttp://www.swrads.org/023_domeboro.html

Dr. Tom-Eye :

I will be back to you in a few minutes, thanks Dr. Tom

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dont have the web site info for Domboro

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.

OK, let's get started again. The website attachment is: http://www.swrads.org/023_domeboro.html see if you can open it??

We are having a problem with the site, So I'll repeat a couple of things that might have come through already.

You will also need a steroid cream. I know you tried one, but I find good success with this technique.

Also you might consider seeing an ophthalmic plastic surgeon . If you will tell me your nearest large city I will be happy to look up a name we can trust.

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.
It seems that you are off line. But don't worry, I will keep checking back to see what questions you might have.
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.
It seemed that you rated my service before we were able to get everything worked out for you. Please take another look at the Q and A section. I want to be sure that you got the Domboro site and to know if you would like the referral name I mentioned. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.
I will keep checking back to follow up with you.
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.
Sandra,

Please review our chat about your eyes. We were cut off before we actually finished. ( WE STAY AVAILABLE UNTIL ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS ARE SATISFIED).

You rated the service poorly, but I don't think you were meaning to actually rate me poorly, since I was in the middle of answering your questions and trying to get you the help you need.

I look forward to hearing from you. Dr. Tom
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.

Hello again Sandra.

This is just a follow-up to see how you're doing. Our session has not closed out, and it won't until you rate the value of our chat. Please take a minute to click on one of the happy faces or five stars. And let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Sandra,

I continue to hope that we can satisfy you with our service on the JA website.

So I'm writing again to see what I can do to gain your confidence and a positive rating.

Is there anything at all that I can add to our response to your posting that will both answer your question and give you reason to rate my JA service positively?

Best wishes. Dr. Tom.
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.

Here is the website for the soaking solution;

http://www.swrads.org/023_domeboro.html

I just checked out the link and found that it is working just fine . N

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do?