eyesight2020
eyesight2020, Optometrist
Experience:  provide eyecare information for adults and children
63511224

I have had a sore eye for 6 weeks. It started with a rash under

Customer Question

I have had a sore eye for 6 weeks. It started with a rash under my rt eye, red with tiny white blisters, sore and itchy. Hydrocortisone improved this then it returned. Doctoe prescribed Fusidic acid - made it worse. Now rash not so obvious tho comes and goes but lid swollen partic over cornea area. Looks like a little pouch!
What do I do next?
Susan MacKay
Category: Eye
Expert:  eyesight2020 replied 4 years ago.

Customer:

.I see you are offline

Customer:

I will do my bst to assist you.

Customer:

I do have some questions.

Customer:

Do you have a history of psoarasis,exczema or acne rosacea? Based on what you have said it is possible that this is of viral etiology.If the above treatments have not significantly helped and it is lingeing I would follow up with your opthalmologist in which case he may re-evaluate and prescribe a more appropriate treatment.

Customer:

This session is not over till I have fully answered your questions.

Customer:

If yo have any other questions leave a note below and I will continue answering yourquestions. f you have

Customer:

If I have answered your questions,don't forget to rate this session with a positive rating.

Customer:

Thank you in advance.

JACUSTOMER-0kjh9po6- :

I have had no history of any of these complaints. I have not had a problem with my eyes before. I wondered if it could have been very mild shingles. I keep hesitating to go back to the doctor because the rash is better than it was before but it is still swollen above my cornea and the rest of my eyelid and below my eye brow looks a bit puffy. It;s a bit of vanity as well because it makes me look as if I have bigger circles under my eyes - or one at least! Sometimes, if I turn my eye quickly I get a little stabbing pain which then goes as quickly as it came. I don't use contact lenses by the way. It seems worse after I have used eye make up.

Customer:

Well ,I would discontinue the useof the current make up

Customer:

Have you had the chicken pox or shingles in the past

Customer:

There is nothing wrong with going back to your eye doctor and expressing your concernIt is possible to get a bleharodermatitis around secondary to the virus that causes the shingles

JACUSTOMER-0kjh9po6- :

I have had chickenpox as a child and a recurrent herpes infection from time to time across my lower back and buttocks but not currently.

Customer:

I definitely would go back to the opthamologist and inform him of this so he may provide you with a different treatment

JACUSTOMER-0kjh9po6- :

I don't have an opthalmologist - do I ask my own doctor for a referral? I assume you don't mean an optician - I do wear reading glasses and attend regularly for check ups partic as father had glaucoma

Customer:

The herpes virus which causes the shingles can also cause a conjunctivitis,as well as corneal problems.

Customer:

Yes obtain a referal from your primary care doctor so you can be evaluated with more appropriate instruments

JACUSTOMER-0kjh9po6- :

Ok thanks for the advice

Customer:

by an eye doctor ,opthalmologist

Customer:

Does this answer your concerns

JACUSTOMER-0kjh9po6- :

Yes it does, I think I need to revisit my GP

Customer:

I AM STILL ONLINE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?

JACUSTOMER-0kjh9po6- :

No I am happy with your advice

Customer:

Ok,have a good day.

Since we are done with our session,don't forget to rate this session with a positive rating.

Thank you in advance.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

Just doing a follow up to see if you were able to follow with an eye doctor yet.
If you have any other questions,leave a note.If all your questions were answered in the last session, a positive rating for that session would be appreciated.
Thank you