Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

i am new to wearing contacts. when I put my lens in my left

i am new to wearing contacts. when I put my lens in my left eye about an hour or two it becomes very irritated and it itches I have dailies by focus and I went to the eye doctor and he said nothing is wrong but I dont believe him. Can somebody please help me.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

hi I have an itchy and irritated left eye from my contact lens . I am wearing focus dailies and i took them out . at what point should i go back to the doctor. \

Dr. Rick :

Focus daily are very good lenses. From what you have posted the itching may be due to an allergic issue with the preservatives in the saline solution.

ok thanks.

Dr. Rick :

Also, the discomfort is NOT normal with these lenses and as such the fit may be off.

Dr. Rick :

I woud not wear them until you are re checked just to be safe

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

why is it only one eye and not the other. It is only my left eye and it has been a problem from the being. I went to the local pearle and he prescribed them I went back 3 hours later as they were bothering me and he said nothing is wrong with me and it might just be dry eyes. I have tried new contacts and it still happens. do you think I couod be getting pink eye or do you think it is an allergy still since it is only my left eye

That is a very good question and, even though I've seen problems in one eye when you think it would be in both thousands of time the answer is:

I really don't know :(

But it is common..