Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

i am new to wearing contacts. when I put my lens in my left

i am new to wearing contacts. when I put my lens in my left eye about an hour or two it becomes very irritated and it itches I have dailies by focus and I went to the eye doctor and he said nothing is wrong but I dont believe him. Can somebody please help me.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Customer:

hi I have an itchy and irritated left eye from my contact lens . I am wearing focus dailies and i took them out . at what point should i go back to the doctor. \

Dr. Rick :

Focus daily are very good lenses. From what you have posted the itching may be due to an allergic issue with the preservatives in the saline solution.

Customer:

ok thanks.

Dr. Rick :

Also, the discomfort is NOT normal with these lenses and as such the fit may be off.

Dr. Rick :

I woud not wear them until you are re checked just to be safe

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

why is it only one eye and not the other. It is only my left eye and it has been a problem from the being. I went to the local pearle and he prescribed them I went back 3 hours later as they were bothering me and he said nothing is wrong with me and it might just be dry eyes. I have tried new contacts and it still happens. do you think I couod be getting pink eye or do you think it is an allergy still since it is only my left eye

That is a very good question and, even though I've seen problems in one eye when you think it would be in both thousands of time the answer is:

I really don't know :(

But it is common..