Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Who are some of the best retina detachment surgeons in the

Who are some of the best retina detachment surgeons in the US and is retina detachment treatable.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I am a retina surgeon and while I am very, very good there are probably better surgeons then me out there...... :-)

Dr. Rick :

And, to answer your question: Yes. The majority of detached retinas can be repaired.

Dr. Rick :

And, usually, the sooner the detachment is repaired the better the visual outcome....

Dr. Rick :

Are you planning on traveling to the USA for surgery?

Customer:

Hi, my eyes first of all are suffering from high myopia, and thus I have retina detachment in my eyes now thus making my vision very poor.

Customer:

Yes I do want to travel to the US as early in the first quarter of 2013 to proceed with the surgery

Dr. Rick :

The closest American "top of the line" retina department would be in Miami at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute.

Customer:

That's why I would like you to recommend a really good retina surgeon with a very high success rate

Dr. Rick :

You can make an appointment here:

Dr. Rick :

https://bascompalmer.org/appointments

Customer:

How long would normally be the recovery time after surgery.

Dr. Rick :

I highly recommend Dr. William E Smiddy, MD at(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Dr. Rick :

That depends on the actual anatomy of your detachment, any underlying medical issues, ocular conditions, surgical complications and the type of surgical repair done.

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction

Customer:

Ok, an average cost for this type of surgery?

Customer:

Is Dr. Smiddy attached to Bascom Palmer Instsitute

Dr. Rick :

Total cost, OR time, hospital fees, anesthesia charges, surgeons fees etc might run in the area of $10,000 to $20,000 US Dollars.

Dr. Rick :

The surgeons fees are just a very small part of the overall costs...the hospital charges are the bulk of what makes it so expensive.

Dr. Rick :

Yes. He is associated with the University.

Customer:

ok

Dr. Rick :

Any of the retina surgeons at Bascom Palmer will give you state-of-the-art care....the best available anywhere on earth.

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question?

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Hi Richard,

I just finished doing three retina repairs this morning and I found myself thinking about you. I hope you have managed to get your retina repaired. Did you end up traveling to Bascom Palmer? I hope you have a healthy and happy holiday season.