Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

I have had a flare up of psoriasis and my actual eyeballs are

Customer Question

I have had a flare up of psoriasis and my actual eyeballs are very itchy, can you get it in your eyes? Thank you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Tom-Eye :

Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your problem. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom

Dr. Tom-Eye :

If it's possible I'd like a little more information about your symptoms. For example are any of your psoriasis lesions near your eyelids. Are your eye symptoms limited to the itchiness. To know if that was an internal eye involvement we would be looking for redness, sensitivity to light, floaters in the field-of-vision and pain in the eye. If you have any of these it would be a good idea to get checked out by an ophthalmologist because they could be signs of a condition called uveitis.

Dr. Tom-Eye :

So if the itchiness is all you are experiencing I think it would be quite safe to plan a trial of a topical ocular antihistamines. There are numerous effective over-the-counter antihistamine eyedrops available in most drugstores. One that I often recommend to patients is called is out of tour

Dr. Tom-Eye :

Sorry the computer skipped on me. That medication is called Zaditor.

Dr. Tom-Eye :

Going back to your posted question: yes, psoriasis can affect one's eyes. But the good news is that it can be treated and controlled if diagnosed and medicated properly.

Dr. Tom-Eye :

Please let me know if you have any other questions I can help you with. Dr. Tom

Dr. Tom-Eye :

I will switch over to the Q and A section to see if I answered your question to your satisfaction. Dr. Tom

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 4 years ago.
Good Morning, I'm just checking back to see if I answered your question to your satisfaction? If not, feel free to ask for more clarification. If you are satisfied please rate my service to you, Thanks, Dr. Tom
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I am just checking back in to see if you want to finish up with any additional questions? Dr. Tom
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Catherine. It's been several days since I answered your question on December 3. If you have no further questions please rate my service answering your question about psoriasis and itchy eyes. Thank you very much. Dr. Tom.