Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I had a reattachment surgery 1 week ago. The gas bubble is

Customer Question

I had a reattachment surgery 1 week ago. The gas bubble is decreasing in size and takes up about 1/2 of my vision. However when i close my other eye and look with only the healing eye, I have a yellow tint and blurry vision for the portion of my view that is below the gas bubble. I should also add that this eye had cataract surgery with a replacement lense 4 years ago. Will my eye regain its 20/20 vision and lose the yellow tint?

Jim Urbelis [email protected]
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

HiJim. I am a retina surgeon and, while I can not guarantee you will get 20/20 vision after the bubble goes away I can tell you that the yellow tint and blurry vision you are experiencing right now with your gas bubble getting smaller is nothing to worry about.

Dr. Rick :

The yellow tint should resolve.

Dr. Rick :

What your surgeon has told you about low eye pressure and corneal changes makes perfect sense to me and, at this point, I do not believe you have anything to worry about in this regard.

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Hi James,

As I was leaving the OR after doing gas/fluid exchange my thoughts turned to you. How are you doing? I hope that your eye is improving every day.