Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

about once a week or so i get theses spells that can last any

about once a week or so i get theses spells that can last any where from 30 minutes to eight days. i feel extremely weak, exhausted, nauseated, lack of appatite, dizzy,my eyes want to cross and shut, blurry vision on and off, i sound like i,m drunk. i go paleand i just want to slleep, which i can do standing. help!! geo.

Welcome to Pearl.com

Do you have medical conditions such as diabetes or hypertension or cardiac problems?

How is the vision in both eyes otherwise?
Hello Georgia,

Your symptoms are quite suggestive of vertigo or light headedness from underlying systemic cause . It is very unlikey to be due to any ocular cause however.

Verigo like symptoms can be seen in case of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo(BPPV), orthostatic hypotension, inner ear problem, migraine, side effect of medication,other less common causes including cardiac problems. I would suggest that you consult a physician for a detailed examination and investigations if need be. It would be better to detect the underlying cause of the dizziness spells rather than treat the symptoms alone.

Thank you and best wishes.

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

Experts are credited only if a positive rating is given and not otherwise. So do remember to give your rating. A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response.A positive feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist