Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I am 57 yr old male. I have glaucoma and double vision. Dr.

I am 57 yr old male. I have glaucoma and double vision. Dr. hasn't been able to correct diplexia for more than a few hours. No Dr. now untill I can get insurance Jan. 1.

I am very curious about something that happened the other day. I came out of the grocery store and the were two sets of parking lot lines, one yellow which they were, and another set green, a nice lime greem and perfectly formed. I isolated it to my right eye. Never happened before. Anything I shoued be concerned about?
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

How long did this last?

When you look around with your right eye now, do you still notice color separation to some objects?

Do you have any other symptoms, such as eye pain, decreased vision, redness of the white part of your eye etc?

I look forward to your reply.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It only happened as I was traversing this particular parking lot, about five minutes. I haven't been able to recreate it since. It was so surreal, that I stopped a couple of times and cars honked at me in the lot. Like I said, I have diplexia, but except this, no mismatch of colors. I get occasional light flashes in my peripheral vision. I've just never even concieved of this and I'm curious what would cause it.

It sounds like you may have had a temporary breakdown in your fusion, called phoria becoming a temporary tropia. I've even had this happen to me once while I was out hunting after spending the day looking through a high powered rifle scope. It happens :)

While I do not think that this is anything to be concerned about at this time it would be good to see an ophthalmologist for a complete eye exam just to make sure.

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, do you think I just overstrained my eye? Can you do that in a grocery store? I remember when I got my first HP at work in '83 with a green screen. When I left work, everything was pink. But it was both eyes.

I don't think you have caused any damage to your eyes by overstraining them. Many times the reason that these brief episodes come on is never found.

Yes. It can happen in a grocery store too.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.