eyesight2020
eyesight2020, Optometrist
Experience:  provide eyecare information for adults and children
63511224

There is a white dot rapidly crossing my right eye every now

There is a white dot rapidly crossing my right eye every now and then. Like a white laser someone is shining into it and moving across my vision. What is it?

HELLO,

I will do my best to answer your question

How long have you seen this spot?
If you ever one eye at a time can you tell which eye it is coming from
HAS this happened before?
Is it a stationary light or does it randomly move with your movements?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have seen it one day. It is coming from the right eye. Has not happened before.It rapidly moves across the eye, disappears and only does it one time and then happens again but not all the time. Like a white laser that someone might move across my eye.

When was your last eye exam
Do you know if you are near sighted or have you been told you have any other eye issues in the past.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I wear glasses and plan an exam shortly, but you have not answered my question about what it might be.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You did not answer my question.

Are you having any decrease in vision with this,or distorted vision
It could be a vitreal floater tugging at the lining of the back of your eye resulting in that flash of light that you are seeing.
However the only way to be certain is to have an eye exam with your eye doctor

Answers are given to guide you as to what you should do and do not substitute the need for you to have your eyes examined by your eye doctor. That having been said,you must have your eye doctor evaluate you with a dilated eye exam to determine whether or not you have a floater or just an ocular migraine. Ocular migraines are vasospasms of the eye which produce the flashes of light you are seeing Since your question was answered in a timely manner a positive rating would be appreciated. You could also go to this website and read about ocular migraines http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions