eyesight2020, Optometrist
Experience:  provide eyecare information for adults and children

I can´t read well when I look at glossy paper. In only very

I can´t read well when I look at glossy paper. In only very rare positions I can see the text, usually the brightness is so strong that I cant read anything. I hadnt noticed this phenomena before, but now I have my attention wholehartedly on my eyes since I have been detected several floaters and have gone to see three oculists who say that eveything is okay, yet I am afraid of this efect now.. Is there anything wrong with it normal?

I will try to help you with your question

Have you tried putting your light source off at at an angle instead of directly in front of you?

Also do you currently wear glassess that have an antreflective coating on the lenses.

These are just a couple of things you may want to try.

I see you are offline but you can contact me any time so we can continue discussing your options.

If this has helped a positive rating would be appreciated

In summary, there is nothing wrong with your eyes as much as it is the positioning of your light sourse,intensity of the light sourse andpositioning of your reading material

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I see this big light refration on glossy texts when I put the text FLAT under the source of light or when I am trying to read and I give my back to a window and natural light is coming in from that window. If I tilt the text in some angles I am able to read it, though in several I am not able to and this really distresses me.

You may want to try not try avoiding reading your material near the window
With glare it is a matter of holding your reading material at an angle that alleviate it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Last question:

Do you think that the glare has something to do with the "vitreous sinersis" I was diagnosed with or with the multiple floaters that I have", since I was aware of having these light refraction problems before. I feel obssesed with my seeing, so now I dont even know how I am supposed to see...

I do not believe it is the cause for glare issue

You may want to try holding your reading material at different Angles and avoid

reading near the window.

A brighter light is not necessarily better lighting.You may want to try different lighting levels that allow you to read adequately and eliminate the glare for you

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why wasnt I aware of this reflection problem before. Do eyes get more sensitive to the lighting and refractions with time or our age?

Yes,that is where perhaps glasses with antreflective coating may help.

But there could have been a change in your reading environment as well maybe quality of the reading material

Again I see you are offline,any questions
Contact me anytime
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do the bothersome light refractions bother all the people, is this a common problem or just to some people like me that are sensitive to light?

Does it get worse with time or it will remain this way?

thanks again

I see you are offline,but I will try to do my best to answer your question.

It is not uncommon for some people who have no ocular disease to be more sensitive to glare than others.
Sensitivity to light can stay about the. same but usually sensitivity to light increases with age.A light source that is too strong is usually the cause for discomfort glare that you are currently experiencing.

Sometimes people who suffer from migraines are more sensitive to light than others.

If you followup with your optometrist he may recommend to you eye glasses with an antireflective coating or even a slight tint.

I hope this answer was of some help to you.Feel free to contact me for any other questions regarding this .
Take care

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks so much for answering my questions. Then as I see it it is normal to be a bit sensitive to light... and yet again: is it normal to be sensitive to the brightness of some inks when I am directly under a strong white source of light, because this happens to me too, it looks as if the ink were somehow like refracting light and it bothers my eyes...I feel as if I dont know how I am supposed to see correctly, like if suddenly I dont know what is right o wrong and this happened ever since I started seeing all these floaters, things including light refractions look different and I feel really scared...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, I think that I didnt express myself correctly in my last reply:

Can also certain inks under these direct white intense bright lights also create a glare. For example the color ink found on very white paper, because I am not sure if this is normal or not? If several occulists have checked me already for the floaters examining closely the retina, then this doesnt sound to you like an ocular problem right?