Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Help! I cant get one of my soft contacts out of my eye. 56

Help! I can't get one of my soft contacts out of my eye. 56 y/o female..took some antihistamine today for bad allergies. That's the only reason I can think of for this problem.
Tries flooding eye with sterile saline eye drops. I can't even slide the lens in any direction.
Thanks in advance.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Customer:

Yes

Doctor DanB : I would recommend just leaving it in the eye for a few more hours while not disturbing it further. the tear film has a way of restoring itself if left alone to allow for normal movement of the lens again, but using the artificial tears frequently will help. Then try again in a few hours. If you still cannot get it out, then I would make an appointment to see your eye doctor in the morning. Does that make sense?
Customer:

Yes.

Doctor DanB : Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?  
Customer:

The lenses are daily replacement. I never sleep in them, so I'm not even sure they

Customer:

are approved for that. If I can't get the lens out, you think it would be okay to

Customer:

leave it in all night?

Doctor DanB : Normally, I would not advise sleeping with the lens in your eyes. However, there is no magic bullet or trick to get these out. If it remains unable to come out of your eye, then you will need an eye professional to help get it out.
Customer:

Thanks...although I WAS hoping for a magic bullet.

Doctor DanB : Sorry. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!