Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hi, Im 37 and had refractive lens replacement surgery to improve

Hi, I'm 37 and had refractive lens replacement surgery to improve my +7.5 vision. It worked well in my lazy left eye witch is only helpful if I patch my good eye :P In my good right eye the lens is sitting farther forward causing me to now be -4.75 I'm wondering is it possible to re position the lens or is PRK my only option now? Cause that's what has been suggested.

I of course am worried about doing PRK because if I have another frack I'll have no options left.
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Sorry to hear about all the problems you are having.

From what you have posted, it seems like a better choice would be to re-position the lens in your eye, or do a complete lens exchange.

I would try this before running off to PRK.

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So it is possible to re-position my lens, that's good.... cause this was not given as an option to my by the surgeon but was mentioned by the doctor testing my eyes after surgery.

Do I need to have it done right away... or do I need to wait a while after the previous surgery They said something about the sack that the lens is put into shrinking around the implant....

It depends on where your lens has moved to, what shape your posterior capsule is in, etc....it may not be easy, but it should be possible.

If it can't be re-positioned it can always be removed and another one put in....of course, this may not be as easy as it sounds, but it can be done :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I doubt a new lens is possible, it was an expensive special order and took over 2 months to arrive and the surgeon said if we did that there is no guaranteeing that it would end up in the same position causing another imperfect result.

Thanks for your help

Sorry to hear about that. With special order, high power intraocular lenses, your surgeon has a very valid point.

But, maybe, he can try to re-position this one...

I wish you the very best.