Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I had a retina tear on my left eye two weeks ago, for the last

Customer Question

I had a retina tear on my left eye two weeks ago, for the last few days i experience strange images to my left sife of the face, what could that be
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I am a retina surgeon.

Tell me more about these strange images. Close your right eye and describe as well as you can what you are seeing.

From what you have posted, it does not seem like your retinal tear progressed to a retinal detachment....which is a good thing.

Did you discuss these images with your general ophthalmologist? If so, what did she make of them?

I look forward to your response so we can get to the bottom of what is going on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can see movement up and down sometimes like moving water or like the wind moving bushes it is very hard to describe. I phoned my ophthalmologist he is not sure maybe big flowing floaters
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hmmmm....I'm worried that you may be having a retinal detachment.

I think it would be best for you to have a repeat dilated exam by an ophthalmologist....better safe then sorry when it comes to your eyes.

Could it be big flowing floaters? I suppose. But I don't want to bet on it.

An exam by a ER doctor is of no value with this issue, unless an eye surgeon is on call and can examine you in the ER.

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i wait until the morning i have no flashes
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I can understand how it might be hard to get any care tonight. So. Just take it easy. No reading, heavy lifting, etc. You can watch TV if you want.

Do your best to be seen first thing in the morning.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi Silvia,

What did the ophthalmologist find on Sunday morning? I hope everything was OK and you are doing fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your reply the retina is fine but they are not sire why i have all these strange movements hope that in time theu will go away thank you again silvia
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Silvia,

I am glad to hear that your retina is OK :-)

Have a happy turkey day.