Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hi my atEadt surgery went well yesterday but my eyes are still

Hi my atEadt surgery went well yesterday but my eyes are still not focusing well together. The doc said it might take a few days because my right eye had been totally occluded for so king. Anything I can do? Also this might sound silly but is it ok if I cry? I'm a crier rhZnk you

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

That is correct.....it may take a few days after surgery for things to improve.

Dr. Rick :

And, yes, it is OK to cry. This will not hurt anything at all.

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

Customer: He also said my pupil is still partially dilated to the three o click stage. What does that jmean iand will t be ok
Dr. Rick :

he probably means that the pupil is still dilated toward 3:00; this should be OK

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi again I'm not supposed to bend over but I just forgot and got a skillet out if cabinet. Did I farm my eye?
Nope. You'll be fine.

If that is the worst mistake you make you will be better than 99.9% of the patients in following your doctors post op instructions :)

Glad to hear you are doing ok.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you!! Ps I still have focusing issues but I think it is better!
Glad to hear it. Hang in there :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi. I have my one week post op today and hope to return turn to work tomorrow. Am I out of the woods for increases eye pressure etc?
Well, the risk is lower but you are still healing....

Glad to hear that things are going so well and you are already on your way back to work.

Have a great week :-)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
One More thing. Doc delayed my ored taper a week because he said I was healing faster than the typical cataract patient and he wanted to avoid a return of redness Nd need to restart the pred in a month. Ill be on ored drops still 4 x day for a week then 3 turn 2 etc. what did he mean by healing too quickly? Thank you
You know, that is a very good question. And. To tell the truth, there are a number of reasons he could be saying this, so I'm not sure.

It does sound, however, like you are doing well. It would probably be best to ask your surgeon what he means by that statement.....