pippistrellodaqua
pippistrellodaqua, Optometrist
Experience:  Specialty in contact lenses, medical eye management, LASIK
69746508

hi.y is my eyes sensitivity to the light?

Customer Question

Category: Eye
Expert:  pippistrellodaqua replied 4 years ago.

pippistrellodaqua :

I am happy to assist you tonight.

pippistrellodaqua :

Is your light sensitivity a new problem or has it been bothering you for some time?

pippistrellodaqua :

Welcome to the chat.

pippistrellodaqua :

Light sensitivity AKA photophobia is a common concern. Do you note the problem in one eye or both?

JACUSTOMER-vh6m8ntu- :

the problem is in both eyes sometimes but today it is real bad

pippistrellodaqua :

Do your eyes feel gritty, itchy, burning, or otherwise uncomfortable?

JACUSTOMER-vh6m8ntu- :

yes uncomfortable no itchy are burning

pippistrellodaqua :

Photophobia that waxes and wanes in both eyes is usually due to dry eye and/or blepharitis.

pippistrellodaqua :

These are very common problems which affect the front surface of the eye (cornea) and which can be treated to make your eyes feel much more comfortable.

pippistrellodaqua :

I recommend using an artificial tear such as Systane or Blink which can be purchased over-the-counter.

pippistrellodaqua :

I would also use what we call warm compresses and lid scrubs to keep the lids healthy.

pippistrellodaqua :

To do this you should take a washcloth and place it under very warm water. With your eyes closed you should rub gently at the base of the lashes and apply the heat from the water. Repeat several times.

pippistrellodaqua :

These simple solutions work wonders in the majority of my patients who suffer from photophobia.

pippistrellodaqua :

There are more aggressive treatments if needed, but this is a starting place.

pippistrellodaqua :

I will be available to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

Please don't forget to offer a positive rating once your question has been answered fully.

Also, please note that the information here does not replace an examination and should be used as educational purposes only.

pippistrellodaqua :

Do you have further questions or other follow-up concerns regarding my recommendations? Please don't forget to offer a positive rating! Thanks.

pippistrellodaqua :

I'll stay on for a few minutes to make sure your experience is a positive one.

pippistrellodaqua :

Does this make sense? I'm still waiting for a response or a rating. I'm more than happy to continue the discussion if needed, but the rating is very important as it is the only way we are reimbursed for our time as experts here. Thanks again.

pippistrellodaqua :

I am going to switch this to a Q&A mode so that we can continue the discussion if needed. I look forward to the rating. Thanks.

Do you have any additional questions? I'm still waiting for you to give a positive rating. Thanks.
Do you have further questions? I am happy to continue the conversation further if follow-up concerns arise. I am still waiting for you to give a positive rating. Thanks.