Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Which doctor/ specialist should be consulted for the following

Customer Question

Which doctor/ specialist should be consulted for the following problem:
Above the top eye lid, there is a buldge that could be on a blood vain,that clotted, can this be removed ? It is not painfull but uncomfortable and appears to become bigger and more visible?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

An ophthalmologist would be the specialist to consult for this condition.

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that, but what would the cause for this be and what is the condition called? Could you also advise on ore onfo on the condition and suggested treatments ?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
It is really impossible to know for sure what is going on without examining you, but it may be a lipoma, a cyst, a hemangioma or even just a broken blood vessel with a clot in it.

It shouldn't take your doctor very long to figure out what it is once she can look at it and touch it.

The treatment, of course, will depend on what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.