Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Does there any way may be diet or remidey can lighten or change

Does there any way may be diet or remidey can lighten or change the color of my eyes without contacts or surgery?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

In a word? No.

Dr. Rick :

It can not be done by any means, outside of pathology or illness.

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : In a word? No.
Dr. Rick : It can not be done by any means, outside of pathology or illness.
Dr. Rick : Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?
Dr. Rick : I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can you please explain to me why we can reduce the amount of melinion in our skin but we can not change in our eyes and is there any surgery or laser can be done to change or lighten the color of the eyes?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
The pigment in your iris is on the back side of the tissue. There is no way to change this pigment without danger/damage to your eye.

The eye is a very complex organ and, unlike skin, is easily damaged.

A disease called pigment dispersion syndrome rubs the pigment off the back of the iris and can make the color of the eye lighter...but it can also cause severe glaucoma, which is a blinding disease.

Perhaps someday we will be able to change the color of our eyes at will but that technology is not available at this point.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I heard that there is eye color drops that change the eye color for about 6 hours instead of eye contacts is this true if yes is it any danger for the eye and how can get ie

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I have heard about this also.

It is a scam. Don't give your hard earned money to anyone who tries to sell you stuff like this.

After twenty years of practice, actually touching many iris' during surgery and studying the eye for almost 30 years I promise you that you can not lighten the color of your eye....without damaging it, that is.

I wouldn't tell you this if it wasn't true. Promise :-)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how about the eye contact lenses is it safe or not.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Yes. If the colored contact lens fits your eye well, your eye is healthy enough to wear contact lenses and you wear them as directed, they are perfectly safe.
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest