Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I was considering a monovision surgery due to my reading problem

I was considering a monovision surgery due to my reading problem and astigmatism. I don't wear glassed except for reading. Would the surgery help me with both problems?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : What kind of surgery are you considering?

Monovision. One eye for distance, the other for reading

Doctor DanB : What I meant is are you gong to have Cataract (lens replacement) surgery, LASIK / PRK, phakic IOL?

I don't have cataract. Yes, Lasik, but the doctor called it Monovision

Doctor DanB : Most people who get LASIK monovision do very well with both the problems of reading and astigmatism. However, there will likely still be some very small print like medicine labels, some newspaper print and other things that you may still need some reading glasses help with. But for the most part monovision LASIK should allow you a relatively glasses-free existence. Does that make sense?
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?    It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently.    I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.   If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!