Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

what is microvascular angiopathy?

Customer Question

what is microvascular angiopathy?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 1 year ago.
Microvascular angiopathy is a disease of the small blood vessels.

Was this the diagnosis given in the MRI?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there any other cause for my eye problem if it is not microvascular angiopathy. I do have high blood pressure which is usually controlled by medication.

Person's Gender: Female
Person's Age: 62
Already Tried: the hospital did not treat me at all they referred me to opthamologist and neurologist,the neurologist had no answer but told me she thought it would take 10 months or so for my eyesight to "fix" itself, the Opthomologist said he thought it was microvascular angiopathy and it would fix itself in a year

What problem exactly are you having with the eye?

How long have you been having this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have double vision , my left eye works normally but my right eye will move around to follow a light but once the light stops my right eye wanders to the corner of my lid right by my nose and staysthere causing double vision, the neurologist said nothing showed up on the MRI, the catscan showed a mass in my thyroid and nothing showed up on that to figure out what happened to my eye. I woke up 2 weeks ago on a Sun morn and that had happened through the night. The Opthomologist checked me and said I would find my sugar (3 month test) for sugar levels would probably be way higher than 7 which was the number Aug.2 test, and he suspected microvascular angiopathy but I had a new one Oct 27 and it was .2 less than in August, I am lost as to what caused it and I need to know if something can be done so my vision comes back to normal. I hopethis is the info that can help you figure out an answer or me, I am desperate.

I am referring your question to the Eye category, please hold on, other experts on the site will try to help you.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
In fact your question is in eye and medical
The ophthalmologist thought this was blood vessel disease related to diabetes...correct?

Did he/she know about the double vision?

That is my first question for you

Simply use reply

There are eye problems and systemic problems to be considered here

Has your doctor heard about your double vision [the eye doctor]?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: I still need help.
On OCt 20 I woke up with one eye crossed (right)and the opthamologist said it was something that would fix itself called it m/angiopathy
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

Still need help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think the diagnosis came primarily from my Opthamologist looking into and at my eye, though I had an MRI done as well, this problem is causing a strain on my left eye, waters and aches. I am booked for a Optoptic Assessment on Feb 5, my family doctor thinks surgery will be the outcome, but I still don't understand how a broken blood vessel could cause my eye to go crossed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

A broken blood vessel doesn't cause the eye to go crossed.

Who said this?