Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

dull pain on the left side of my head

I have a dull pain on the left side of my head, centered more or less just above my right ear and a bit toward my left eye. The pain has been going on for about a month now, and doesn't get any worse nor any better. Jack

I have had an eye exam within the month and the MD found no problems other than poor eyesight - Have worn glasses for many years

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

The most likely cause for your continued pain in this area is a sinus problem.

Dr. Rick :

I suggest you see your primary care MD. She may want to image your sinus area and see what is going on. Since this has been going on for so long I think this is a better course of action then trying a bunch of OTC medication and home therapy at this point.

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick