Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

The white part of my right eye underneath the pupil appears

Customer Question

The white part of my right eye underneath the pupil appears to be white and thicker than any other area of the eye. It has been slowly building up over months and now when I blink I can feel it. What could be causing this. I am 55 and my health is good I excercise three times a week and I am not overweight but I do take small dose of blood pressure tablets. I am healthy and eat healthy food.
Category: Eye
Expert:  eyesight2020 replied 4 years ago.

eyesight2020 :

Is it a rigid nodule like elevation or a more diffuse loose elevation?

JACUSTOMER-bb5zwz2o- :

Not a nodule. It is the white part like a half moon shape running along below the iris, subtle not distintive. Can only be seen if I draw someones attention to it. But today I can feel it.

JACUSTOMER-bb5zwz2o- :

Do you have a mobile number I can email a pic I just took but the pic doesn't show a great deal?

JACUSTOMER-bb5zwz2o- :

I can feel it when I blink, if I run my finger along it I don't feel anything.

JACUSTOMER-bb5zwz2o- :

loose elevation

JACUSTOMER-bb5zwz2o- :

I paid $45 for a question????????? I waited over two hours and no reply. I have to leave work now. I think you should refund me, this is not good service it is just ripping off people worried about their health.

JACUSTOMER-bb5zwz2o- :

Vivienne

JACUSTOMER-bb5zwz2o- :

Now you are telling me to talk to eyesight2020 but they are offline. Just shifting the blame. Please refund my monies.

Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Vivienne, I'm sorry you had a bad experience in your encounter with eyesight2020. I am a board-certified ophthalmologist and I believe I can help you understand what's happening with your eyes. However, I know you're frustrated with your experience here. If you would like, I would be happy to work with you. Please let me know if you would like that and if so I will get back with you and start working with you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Good morning, My first question is will you charge me further monies for my agreeing to try and work this out?

Vivienne

No, you wouldn't be charged any further monies. In fact, the money you were initially charged was never released to the first expert. Also, if it any time you are unsatisfied you can always request a refund. Are those terms okay for you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, well, I did some research of my own, and it appears I need a blood test to see if I am low in iodine. My right eye is slightly larger than the left and the white part may well be cholesterol, so I need to get that checked to. I am already on cholesterol tablets that is combined with my blood pressure tablet.

Have you anything to add to that?

I begin teaching my class in 20 minutes so please forgive me if I do not reply for 3 and half hours till my next break.

Vivienne

Vivienne is this like a fold in the white part of the eye that moves as you pull your lower eyelid away from your eye or is it more like a white arc or streak at the edge/bottom of the cornea that always looks the same?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

More like a white arce or streak at the edge of the cornea that always looks the same. It has appeared to get thicker or whiter over the past couple of months.

Does it look like this (which, I admit, is seen around the entire cornea)?

http://www.google.com/search?q=conjunctivochalasis+pics&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=SPOWUKzICaXgiwKR-4E4&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=416#i=4
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My windows can't locate that address sorry.

Sorry Does it look like the picture at this website?

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/0808/08082601
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No it doesn't look like that picture as the white in the picture is in the actual iris, colour part of the eye. Mine is below, just beneath the colour part and is whiter and thicker than the other white part of the eye.

I'm sorry that we're not syncing up with thus, but let me try a couple of other pictures:

How about this?
http://www.healio.com/~/media/Images/News/Print/Ocular%20Surgery%20News/2011/12_December_25/JohnF1_250_188_90763.jpg

If not, can you try and take a picture and post it to your next response to me?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry I copied your link but this is what I got...

Your search - http://www.healio.com/~/media/Images/News/Print/Ocular Surgery News/2011 ...- did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Do you have any other options?

I'll try and get a photo to you today.

Vivienne

Thanks. I'll wait for your photo if you can get it. If not, I'll just let you know what I think is most likely going on.