Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My head hurts. To be more specific its been hurting on the

My head hurts. To be more specific it's been hurting on the right side for two days now. The pain is in my right eyd and right sinus. The back of my head is sore. Yesterday when it first hit the headche was bad but it's been a low grade almost forgettable pain all yesterday afternoon, night and today.This happened before two years ago and the ER nurses laughed at me. I'd rather not do that again but the pain has gone on so long I'm nauseas. What can I do? What should I do?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds to me like you are suffering from a migraine.

Dr. Rick :

You can try taking some Excedrine migraine pills,putting a cold compress on your head and laying down in a quiet, dark room.

Dr. Rick :

Since the weekend is rapidly approaching, however, it may be best for you to see your primary care MD. There are many medicines that can be used not only to break this attack but, if necessary, prevent them from occurring frequently.

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : It sounds to me like you are suffering from a migraine.
Dr. Rick : You can try taking some Excedrin migraine pills,putting a cold compress on your head and laying down in a quiet, dark room.
Dr. Rick : Since the weekend is rapidly approaching, however, it may be best for you to see your primary care MD. There are many medicines that can be used not only to break this attack but, if necessary, prevent them from occurring frequently.
Dr. Rick : Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. Do you recommend anything for nausea?

I've suffered from migraines myself for almost 30 years and I've found that no OTC medicine worked for my nausea. Zofran, a powerful Rx medicine worked for me but, as a MD, I had easy access :) I managed to stay away from Rx meds and when I had nausea with a headache I usually drank Ginger Ale and laid down in the dark.

Actually, now that I am older, I probably only get one or two migraines/yr.