Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Good morning. The left side of my head is somewhat tender

Good morning. The left side of my head is somewhat tender to the touch. Slight discomfort in left ear and behind left eye. Started with just the left ear night before last.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any other symptoms?

Any other medical problems?

Do you take any medication?

Customer:

no, to all 3 questions

Dr. Rick :

ok

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you either have a head cold, sinusitis or the start of the flu. In any event it is most likely a viral issue and, as such, antibiotics won't help.

Dr. Rick :

I would first try over the counter/home therapy such as a humidifier, ibuprofen (as you are already doing) and claritin-D

Dr. Rick :

Since it is the middle of the week I would see how thing go today and tomorrow. It if stays about the same, or gets a bit better I would just continue what you are doing. If not, this still gives you time to get in to see your doctor for some stronger medicine if necessary so you don't have to suffer all weekend.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

ok

Dr. Rick :

I hope you feel better soon. Have a good day.

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick